Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Daily Dose of BS March 31 parking

The Schmidt family made it through the parking debauchery again this year.  Tonight we are going to be able to park on either side of the street, for the first time in five months, and I for one am glad.  I am always happy when April 1st comes around as it is the end of the joke perpetuated on the tax payers of the city of La Crosse, April 1st means no more alternate side parking, well at least until November 1st.  We didn’t really have much of a winter snow wise this year, and for us to have an additional fee of parking in front of our own house, well that kind of sucks.  I can see if we get big snowfalls but this past winter our biggest snow came this month and it was melted within 24 hours.  I am guessing that all our parking money helps to subsidies something, but I am not sure what, as my taxes are still through the roof.   Every year I wonder how many alternate side parking tickets will litter the windshield at the Schmidt house, and I am proud to say that this year we got none, zero, zip, nada, and that includes my 16 year old and that makes a dad proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment