Friday, March 9, 2012

Daily Dose of BS March 9

Pat Robertson the televangelist said on his tv show that he believes that marijuana should be legalized. I guess that this surprises me, I have thought about this issue quite a few times in the past, and not because I am a pot smoker, because I am not. I think about the money that the government will be able to collect from the taxes on the marijuana and how the people who are in jail now because of it will be off the tax payers bill, not to mention the freed up courts and police time that is spent busting people for selling, buying and possessing the pot. Legalizing pot will help the country’s bottom line. I think if it is made legal that there should be strict laws governing the sales and consumption of the marijuana. I have heard that it is a gateway drug, but have also heard that cigarettes and alcohol are as well, yet both of these are legal. For these reasons I think that this may be something worth looking into. I however will still follow Nancy Regan’s advice and will just say NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment