Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Daily Dose of BS March 7

I handed out a bunch of pens at the Family Fest a few weeks ago that had the LaCrosseWisconsin.com logo printed on them. At the fest I ran into a friend of mine Jamie who took one and I joked that this would be your new favorite pen, and she said no it wouldn’t and proceeded to tell me about her favorite pen. I was just joking when I said it because who would have a favorite pen? I gave her a hard time saying what does it make you write better, feel more creative, pay off your bills sooner? She answered yes, yes, no. It got me thinking, if there are favorite pens what other favorites could there be, do people have a favorite pencil, pad of paper, paperclip? There was a guy a few years ago from Canada that traded a red paperclip for a house, and documented his quest. I had the chance to talk to the guy and the concept was pretty cool, keep trading up and finally reach your dreams. Back to the favorite thing though, I could see a favorite coffee cup, or place to sit at the table even a favorite pair of jeans, or underwear but a pen? I guess if I really think about it we all have something weird that is our favorite something, what is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment