Monday, March 12, 2012

Daily Dose of BS March 12

I am lucky to have great neighbors not only in La Crosse but also at the family cabin. I have been lucky my whole life, never have I had the pain in the butt nosey neighbor nor have we had any bickering among the neighbors, if there has been a problem a phone call or conversation has fixed it, rather than a call to the cops, as they have better things to do than to be called for every dog bark or loud radio, ring the door bell, call or text your neighbor. We have no guarantee of who is going to live next door to us, my cabin neighbors probably thought oh great a city boy getting a cabin in the country, I didn’t disappoint I have had to call on my neighbors there as often as I have to call on my neighbors here. I am lucky that we are in the upper midwest and have people who are willing to put down what they are doing to help a neighbor in need. Yesterday for example, my neighbor who lives in La Crosse, went with me to the family cabin and we got my van stuck, I went to the cabin neighbor who was working on his fields to help me get my van unstuck, he did so with out complaint, and wouldn’t take any money either. It wouldn’t have been so bad but this is the 4th time he has helped this city boy out of a jam, and I can’t tell you how many times my La Crosse neighbors have helped me over the years. The more I think about it the more I may be that pain in the butt neighbor. Don’t forget Neighbors Helping Neighbors day coming up April 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment