Friday, March 23, 2012

Daily Dose of BS March 23


We are a society that buys things when we want them whether or not we need them.  If you don’t believe me look in your closet or your junk drawer or garage.  It seems like we are collectors of stuff, junk if you will.   I am just as bad as the next guy.  I remember Christmas when I was a kid, I was excited because of the great hints I dropped to my parents, and then made sure I told Santa, and 9 out of 10 times I would get at least some of what I asked for.  Fast forward 30 years and if I want something I go buy it so when it comes to surprises there really aren’t too many, because of that.  We are buyers, not if we need it but if we want it, this is why we are in the financial problems we are in as a country.  Credit is too readily available for people without the means to pay it back, look at our housing problems and the fact that there are record bankruptcies.  As I remember hearing many times as a kid if you understand interest you earn it if not you pay it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment