Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Daily Dose of BS March 14


I was saddened this morning when I heard that encyclopedia Britannica is calling it quits and focusing on digital rather than hard bound information.  It was the 4th grade Mr Gray was my teacher and encyclopedia was on my spelling list, I can still hear my Dad teaching me how to spell encyclopedia through song it was a song that he was taught when he was a kid and a song he passed on to me and my brothers.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy2jWJtO3lE Remember it?  It’s the en cyclopedia e-n-c-y-c-l-o-p-e-d-i-a that was a song that was sang around the Schmidt household quite a few times over the years as I had it as a spelling word and so did my brothers.  I bet if you ask them if they remember the song that they remember it as well.  I also really enjoyed reading the encyclopedia especially the year book that my parents purchased every year.  It is too bad that such an icon is gone, but I guess I am partly to blame as I grew up with the World Book Encyclopedia and really enjoyed it but I do not have a set at my house.  What is the next to go the phonebook?  Never mind both the Eagles and Kelly Clarkson sang about the phonebooks fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment