Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Daily Dose of BS March 20

My 25th class reunion is coming up August 4th. I had a goal of doing 2 pull ups by then, I have been working on it for a couple of years, going to Snap, and taking boot camp classes. I am sad to say I will not be achieving that goal, but not for lack of trying. Last year I finished 3 5k’s by walking and made the goal this year to finish at least 6. Yesterday was my first step toward accomplishing that goal, I enrolled in a 5k class, a class that trains you in how to jog, or run in a 5k. If you know me I am not built for speed, and am working on the endurance part of it. What we started with last night was a 5 minute walk followed by a 60 second jog then a 90 second walk repeated many times, with a cool down walk. In my mind I was already crossing the finish line, umm no that isn’t what happened. If you want time to stop and the clock to run backward, jog for 60 seconds. I made it through the first minute of jogging and the 90 seconds of walking and about 30 seconds of the next one minute run, and then progressively less as the alternating hell continued. Only 46 days until the LaCrosse Fitness fest and my new found running skills will be put to the test, only 21 more classes before the race. The nice thing about this goal is I know I can walk the 5k but will push to jog toward the finish line, you know the weird thing about it, is I am looking forward to the next class on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment