Monday, March 19, 2012

Daily Dose of BS March 19


The crack of dawn comes early.  I am up by 4 most days for work; this is a big reason why I don’t like getting up early on weekends.  Sleeping in on a weekend is usually no later than 6:37.  Yesterday morning I woke up at 5:30 with a panicky scream and was reaching for the phone to call in late when I was reminded it was Sunday.  I was relieved and must have been tired since I then rolled over and started sawing z’s again and when I finally did roll myself out of bed it was 7:20, 7:20 what am I a teenager?  Never mind my teens sleep till 10 most weekends.  I don’t want to pull the when I was a kid card, but my Dad never let us sleep in any later than 8:30 and that is if we were lucky.  He used to say something like how can you soar with the eagles if you are going to stay up with the turkeys or something like that.  I have been an early riser for much of my adult life, and have been late for work less than 5 times in almost 20 years of morning radio.  Usually I set the alarm listen to the news, then get ready to take on the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment