Friday, March 16, 2012

Daily Dose of BS March 16

When it comes to hiring someone to work around your house where do you draw the line? I hate painting, to me it is way worth bringing someone in who likes to do it and wants to do it. The few times that I have painted, I have stories to go with the jobs, for example when I bought my house I was painting the window frames around the screened in porch with barn red paint while up on a ladder I knocked the can off the ladder and splash, up the side of the house, over the screens and all over the deck boards. I admit it I yelled and dropped the word that curls your mothers hair, my neighbor ran out the back door, looked over to see me stewing asked if I was ok and asked me not to say that word again incase his wife heard it. It made sense to me and we were friends from that moment on. Painting to me ranks right up there with, changing oil, picking up dog poo, doing dishes, laundry and the countless other chores that are out there as a home owner. I don’t mind mowing, shoveling snow, cooking or grocery shopping, in fact I like doing these 4 chores, but where is the line and when do you hire out the job, isn’t that what kids are for?

No comments:

Post a Comment