Thursday, March 22, 2012

Daily Dose of BS March 22


The customer is always right.  I heard these words uttered by someone in the office as they were walking past my door.  This was the concept that I have always lived by, even if you thought the customer was wrong, they are right to their face, they could be wrong afterward but to their face they are always right.  I think that businesses often forget these words and the concept of the customer being right is out the door.  I would think as the almighty dollar gets more and more scarce that businesses out there would embrace those words and especially the concept.  I had a dealing with a big company the other day, I called the 800 number on the bill and got sent on a barrage of number pushing prompts, when I finally got to speak with someone, they spoke quiet and being a wearer of hearing aids, it was hard to hear, but the broken English made it all the harder to understand.  I had a question about my bill, it had doubled from the last time I remember seeing it, I am not the bill payer in my house, so when I saw the new double price for same service I was a little perturbed.  I tried to explain my issue and the person on the other end of the line they were rude and kept interrupting.  In my opinion if are taking phone calls for your business, once in a while double check the quality of the people to make sure that they are upholding the mission of your business.  And if you are not happy as a customer switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment