Thursday, December 1, 2011

Daily Dose of BS December 1


A headline on the front page of the La Crosse Tribune today says “Horses could soon be slaughtered for meat in the US”.  Kind of an unnerving thought, right…but the more I thought of it, we eat other kinds of meat that I wouldn’t want to think about.  I mean as the dairy state we drive by thousands of milk machines every year…and a juicy burger is one of my favorites.  And with Christmas right around the corner, think about how Santa travels through the air…I love a venison roast and venison sausage and jerky is delicious.  What would childhood be like without the toe counting song this little piggy went to the market this little piggy stayed home this little piggy made a great bbq pork sandwich, this little piggy was ham and this little piggy went mm mm mm all the way to the grill as a pork chop.  How many of you have had an aquarium as a kid, or loved the movie Finding Nemo?  Ever been to wild game feed or a fish boil…I am just saying.   Tv has introduced us to Andrew Zimmern and Bizarre Foods.  I am not advocating the killing of horses for meat, but I am going to try to keep an open mind… neigh…

No comments:

Post a Comment