Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Daily Dose of BS December 27

Now that Boxing day is done, I have a few observations of the past few days.  Lets start off with last Friday, my mother came for a visit, I love my Mom and enjoy spending time with her...but she likes to sleep in and when they come for a visit, they sleep till at least 8, by 8 I have 3 plus hours of my day in the bag...that and when they come they sleep in the front room which is between the rest of the house and the front door.  I enjoy reading the paper on weekend mornings.  Christmas Eve was Saturday, we went to church as a family, amazingly the kids offered to do the dishes for Christmas Eve dinner...I think the last time that they offered to do dishes was last Christmas.  We then unwrapped gifts, it is amazing that 2 months of planning and a years worth of saving for can be done in less than 30 minutes...30 minutes to unwrap all those gifts...WOW, and this year we went slow.  Kids went to bed in hopes of a visit from Santa.  He arrived with bells on...no really I heard them.  The kids were happy when they came down at 6:30 Christmas morning.  Got the goods hooked up, played in harmony for about an hour when the screams of unfair could be heard from downstairs and then the tattling of he's doing this and she's doing that...Christmas breakfast was served and not one of the 4 kids offered to do the dishes.  I guess that they got what they wanted.  Mom left Dad then came, I love my Dad but he is opinionated and we clash at times (I guess I am like my Dad)...Christmas dinner and then back to the rotary lights with Dad, open more gifts and watch the Packers.  Bringing us to yesterday and again the kids arguing from the basement about who knows what.  Went to a couple of stores to get a few things with the kids...you know gift cards need to be spent right away after all.  I now know why yesterday is called Boxing Day, as the parking lots at the stores you feel boxed in and in the big box stores you are overwhelmed with people...back to work and no boxes and no "Dad would you tell him to share!"  Happy back to work Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment