Friday, December 23, 2011

Daily Dose of BS December 23


Merry Christmas, there I said it.  I hope to not get shot over my wishes for a great season.  When I grew up everyone said Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  Now we need to ask if it is ok to say Merry Christmas, and which New Year are you celebrating?  Call me old fashioned or naïve, I am wishing you good cheer for this time of the year, for me it is the holiday season.  I am not trying to push Christianity down your throat.  I was raised saying Merry Christmas, and I believe in the Christmas season.  I know that this time of the year is difficult for some and joyful for others, I am also aware that this time of the year is also a Holy time of the year for people with other beliefs, and if someone wished me Happy Chanukah I would not be offended, in fact I would embrace the fact that someone had good wishes for me.  I think that we as a whole have been too into the political correctness of the day.  It runs from those who won’t budge on the Merry Christmas and saying it’s Christmas damn-it and you should say Merry Christmas, to those who refuse to say or recognize the birth of Christ and the reason for the season.  Even the people who refuse to take part in any of the celebrating that is going on this time of the year.  Is it bad to enjoy the joy, the lights, the camaraderie of your friends and family, the smiles on Christmas morning when Santa delivers his goods?  I will continue to say Merry Christmas, for those that are non-believers please don’t take it as me trying to be political, it is a wish for good cheer, and by the way Happy New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment