Friday, December 16, 2011

Daily Dose of BS December 16

Having friends is a good thing, there are so many ways to meet new people from the old school way of....school, to work to other friends to meeting people at a bar to online and all the ways in between.  I am very blessed I have many good friends, people who would do anything for either me or my family or other friends.  It is funny if you think about the way that we become friends, it all starts with the simple task of just saying hello.  Making eye contact and the ability to carry on a conversation.  This basic art of conversation is often lost with the way we are all now connected via the internet and texting.  What happened to the sit at the bar with a friend and being introduced to some of their friends and then carrying on conversation with them?  I got the chance to do just that last night.  One of my buddies who is an entertainer that travels the world has a friend who is an artist the two of them a retired guy and I got together for a few Downtown Browns at a local tavern last night.  We didn't solve any world issues, but did talk smart, told some stories and learned some about each other.  The art of conversation may be lost with modern forms of communication, but set me down with just about anyone and a beer and there will be conversation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment