Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Daily Dose of BS December 13


Yesterday I got to play the big man in the red suit at The Rotary Lights at Riverside Park.  I have played the big man before…but never for so many kids.  I dressed up warm with long underwear, and 3 layers of shirts figuring that I was going to be outside at and I hate being cold, I failed to realize that there was heat in the Santa shed.  I walked out to Santas home by the river nestled within the 2.6 million lights at Rotary Lights, and already felt warm, sat down, glasses got foggy, felt panicky because I was too hot, and thought what if while I am sitting here I have to go to the bathroom, what if a kid uses me as a bathroom, what happens if someone pulls my beard or worse yet my finger?  What would I do?  What if the people show up and call me a phony….what if this or that or the other thing?  I took a couple of deep breaths through my beard, exhaled thru my mouth let out a hardy HO, HO, HO and decided it would all be good, and guess what it was.   All the kids that came by last night were on the nice list, their parents confirmed it.  Most kids wanted either an Ipod Touch, cars, dolls or a Guitar.  The choice of a guitar surprised this Santa.  If you haven’t been down to the Rotary Lights yet, I would suggest you do…bring a food donation to help to stock the food shelves, and Have a Merry Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment