Monday, October 27, 2014

Daily Dose of BS Oct 27 bullying

This is National Bullying Prevention Month but I don’t think it is sinking in.  We are still seeing bullying going on.  When I was a kid they used to say suck it up, sticks and stones may break your bones, but words can never hurt me.  I know this is not true, words can and do hurt.  Especially if these words come from someone that you either look up to, or is an authority figure.  Which brings me to the terrible situation that happened in Washington last Friday, why are we seeing on a yearly basis school shootings, kids dying at the hands of other kids?  We need to think this through and put a stop to it, is the cause bullying?  Or is it something bigger than this?  What can we do to make sure that our most precious of people can be safe when away from home?  The first step that we must remember is that words can and do hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment