Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Daily Dose of BS Oct 7 selective service

 Let me start by saying I know I really have no right to talk about equal rights since I am a white middle class, middle aged male, the world was set up for people like me.  But I have been hearing lots of the register for selective service public service announcements on the radio and I also think I have seen a few spots on tv about registering if you are about to be an eighteen year old young man, you know the tag line it’s quick, it’s easy it’s the law.  With all the equal rights things that we as a society have been talking about over the past decade I believe that it shouldn’t only be young men who register, open that up to have young women register as well.  Either do that or do away with it all together.  We haven’t had a draft in my lifetime, and I really don’t see us having one anytime soon.  Don’t take what I am saying as a slam toward the military, or the government because it is not, or a slam on women and women’s rights, because it is not, I am just wondering out loud in a public place if first of all do we need to have 18 year old young men register for the selective service and secondly if needed why not make all 18 year olds register.  

No comments:

Post a Comment