Thursday, October 2, 2014

Daily Dose of BS Oct 2 zoo

I remember the cry for save the monkeys from many years ago.  Now the city of La Crosse has retained the former Myrick Hixon EcoPark and will be calling it Myrick Center.  If you recall 2006 and the grand plans for a new zoo, the monkeys, prairie dogs, bear, and caged deer all got new homes, I think the monkeys got jobs in the government but I am not sure.  I remember the plan was to bring in Wisconsin based animals and that all fell through, then the plan for different parks at the parks, and I am not really sure what happened there.  I do think that the building down at Myrick is a nice building and I hope that the city finds something the will be suitable for that structure to put in down there.  I also hope that the parks can be finished and what the heck since we are wishing, I hope the monkeys come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment