Friday, June 27, 2014

Daily Dose of BS June 27 car rides

I was talking to my buddy suit last night at our twice weekly meet up at the ball field, in between watching the kids play ball we were telling stories of being a kid growing up in the 80’s and 90’s, how we thought we had it tougher than our kids do now.  The biggest laughs were when we were talking about trips -the dreaded car trip.  I so remember jumping in the little hatchback with my two brothers and I in the back seat and mom and dad in front, dad always drove and mom was the co-pilot it was way before gps, it was all maps and bad smelling coffee.  There was a trip when my brothers and I were particularly rambunctious and both mom and dad asked us many times to quiet down.  Finally the breaking point was when dad raised his voice saying if I hear one more word I am pulling the car over.  We were quiet for what seemed like hours, my brother Frank finally reached over to my side of the car and smacked Brian in the head while his eyes were closed, he yelled at me, dad yelled at us all and did as he promised and pulled the car over, a cop happened to see us pull over and did as well.  This is the reason I am friends with cops to this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment