Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Daily Dose of BS June 24 bad bosses

Is your boss a wimp or a coward?  I used to work at a place where I do believe that they were, at least some of the time.  The boss I am thinking about came across as an ass so you ended up being afraid of him.  I was talking to a friend of mine who just got a new job that went to this boss and asked for a raise, and was told no, because he was already making more than he should, and that if he did more he would get paid more.  I am telling you that this friend of mine is a hard worker and was always ready to bust his hump to help out and to pick up an extra shift or help when he could.  The above example is what is wrong with many businesses they put people in charge that have no business being in charge and do not know how to manage people, when you are afraid to approach your boss or have fear that you are going to lose your job because you have a suggestion.  That is a sign of a bad boss.  I would think to be a good boss you need to listen, and then react like my boss does not react without listening like too many other bosses do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment