Friday, June 13, 2014

Daily Dose of BS June 13 fathers day

Do dads get the short end of the stick?  I always remember on Mothers Day when I was a kid that we and by we I mean my brothers and I would always do something above and beyond for our Mom, we would be nice to each other and offer up our services to help with chores around the house pick flowers and give plenty of hugs and kisses.  For Fathers Day we would punch the oldman in the arm, and tell him Happy Fathers day and move on.  When I look back on those times I don’t feel as though I did anything wrong, but now I try to do the same for both my Mom and my Dad.  This year for Fathers Day my Dad is going to be coming down to La Crosse and I am going to be taking him out on the Mississippi river.  Dad’s are often over looked as a caregiver as well, I recall when my kids were little and I would watch the kids, and someone would always say oh you are babysitting, how nice.  As a parent it is my job to parent not baby sit.  For all the lessons taught both when I was a child and now I thank you Dad and remember I love you.  Happy Fathers Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment