Friday, June 20, 2014

Daily Dose of BS June 20 gas prices

Pharrell Williams hit song is Happy.  The American population as a whole I bet will not be too happy with a new Congress bipartisan bill that would raise the federal gas tax by 12 cents per gallon, in two annual hikes of 6 cents each.  The reason they are giving is for highway road repair and bridge work.  I guess I understand the higher taxes for each of these items, because we do all benefit from the use of the roads.  Even if you are a die-hard I don’t drive person, you eat don’t you or use the roads in some form or another right?  What I don’t agree with is the ever increasing gas prices.  I have heard that we as Americans are sitting on a huge gas reserve and that there is more gas under the state of North Dakota than there is in Iraq, if that is the case why don’t we work on effectively getting the gas from here, stop paying other countries governments money and then work on trying to wean ourselves off of gas by the time that our gas runs out?


No comments:

Post a Comment