Thursday, December 6, 2012

Daily Dose of BS Dec 6 teaching


I am friends on facebook with lots of people I went to high school with and at least one of my high school teachers, I’m not sure if they remember or not that I was not a great student, or remember that I was not one who loved school too much, in fact I hated english and social studies and I now talk for a living.  I am guessing that not many students loved school, my oldest is a senior this year and senioritis has hit hard.  The reason I bring this up is that I would have never thought that teaching would be something that I would like, besides being a dad that is, but anyone who is a parent is a teacher rather you like it or not.  A friend of mine owns a radio school in La Crosse and a few years ago he asked me to fill in when he was going to be gone a day here and a day there.  I never thought I would like it but I love teaching, since then I have had opportunities to teach more than just radio also, I have got to share some knowledge that I have picked up about improv as well.  I guess it goes to show if you have a passion for something, you can help others to understand it.  I do not think I would be able to do it every day, but teaching a few days a month has been a great outlet, if you are a teacher, thank you for spreading your gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment