Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Daily Dose of BS Dec 12 right to work states


I heard this morning on the way to work that Michigan is now a right to work state.  I have never been in a union so I don’t get it.  I am not too sure I like someone telling me how to vote or where my money is spent.  The definition from the National Right to work website is A Right to Work law secures the right of employees to decide for themselves whether or not to join or financially support a union. However, employees who work in the railway or airline industries are not protected by a Right to Work law.  To me this makes since.  If you want to support it do so if not, why should you have to?  I guess it falls into my basic beliefs, like if you are don’t like someone don’t hang out with them, if you don’t like your job quit, if an apple is bruised or a grape is squishy, or the toast is burnt don’t eat it grab something else, oh yea and life is too short to drink crappy beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment