Thursday, December 20, 2012

Daily Dose of BS Dec 20 Snow Day


Got an automated call last night on my home phone just after 9 and email and a call to my cell phone about 9:30 to let me know that there was going to be no school this morning, as of the moment of phone call there was no snow.  I woke up about 3:30 this morning so that I could shovel my car out, there was barely 3 inches of snow, wet and heavy snow.  The snow was still falling as I drove in to work this morning, there were 2 spots where I slid a little but for the most part, I was able to navigate the snowy roads well.  I live on a side street but right off the snow routes so the only non-plowed roads I drove in on this morning were my alley, about a block and a half of sidestreet and the back road that leads to the radio station.  Snow plow drivers were out in full force doing a great job.  Remember if you are heading out in this snow or any of the future snows we are going to get, give the plows their room, drive slowly and pay attention. Even though the shoe didn’t fall during the overnight, kids are off today, so be looking for kids running around enjoying the white blanket of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment