Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Daily Dose of BS Dec 4 graffiti


I saw some graffiti yesterday that rattled in my mind since I saw it, someone wrote in black marker on a street sign on West ave the F word then God under it.  Is this someone who is going through a hard time right now, a believer that has hit a snag?  Someone who needs a hug?  Seeing this really bugged me to see this, first of all because it is blasphemous which means in its rawest form A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity.  Secondly this upsets me because kids will see this graffiti and repeat it without knowing what they are saying, thirdly because it is defacing property.  I am not here today to argue the existence of God or not.  I am not a fan of when people push their beliefs on others, either way.  We need to learn how to respect and to argue fairly, all too often we try to change others by yelling the loudest or slamming your beliefs, this is not the way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment