Monday, April 2, 2012

Daily Dose of BS March 30


Dream.  Two years ago the lottery was huge, not as huge as it is for the drawing tonight but at the time a record.  I was at a bar down by my cabin the night before the drawing and started talking to one of the locals about life and pretty soon conversation got to the lottery.  I told Glen that I am not a lottery player very often, that I only have bought when someone at work collected.  He pulled a stack of lottery tickets out of his pocket and set them on the bar.  He had ten tickets and he offered me one, I was hesitant, I asked him what if I win I suppose I gotta share it with ya then.  He answered no and continued on to tell me that he buys these tickets and hands them out as tips, and that one of them that he gave was worth a couple of thousand dollars.  I put the ticket in my pocket; our conversation shifted to something else and soon after I was on the road and back to the cabin.  That night when I went to bed I started thinking about that ticket and what if it is a winner, what if I woke up as a multimillionaire what would I do with all that money, my mind was racing, my heart was thumping what if I was a millionaire?  When I got home from the cabin I checked my ticket, not a single number matched, but for the 24 hours of dreams, it was worth it.  If you are going out to get a ticket remember that you have a better chance of hitting two holes in one during the same golf game than winning the lottery, but for a buck you have the same chance of winning as the next guy.  And also for the dollar the dream may be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment