Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Daily Dose of BS April 4


I have a flowering crab apple tree in my back yard; yesterday it was in full bloom, the smell was fantastic.  I love spring as the grass starts to green the trees start budding and the windows can be opened to let in fresh air.  This year we had a weird beginning of spring with the heat and record breaking temps of a few weeks ago.  The grass in my yard is already in need of cutting, and the weed whacking needs to be done also.   Spring also brings Easter and family. This year we are doing an Easter get together with most of my family at my brother’s house, and we are not having ham but lasagna and we are not doing Easter on Easter but on another day.  I am looking forward to the family get together, as they don’t happen nearly enough.  I watch my kids when they bicker and fight and say mean things to each other and think to how I would like to do that with my brothers in person and not just on the phone.  One lives in the Cities and the other in California, and we are all busy with life.  To be young again and realize the gift of family, sometimes it is not appreciated until later in life.  Another gift this time of the year is the Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs, why is it that they taste so much better than a plain Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup?  

No comments:

Post a Comment