Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Daily Dose of BS April 18


Shoes are something we all wear, we also have our favorites.  Some friends of mine posted this the other day on their facebook “Do you think it's rude for somebody to ask you to remove your shoes before you walk into their house?”  I responded “No, I think it is rude when people don't ask if they should remove their shoes.”  Half the people who posted on their comment “liked” what I said.  It made me think, when I was growing up I never had to take off my shoes at my parents’ house, now when I visit I have to at my Mom’s and don’t have to at my Dad’s, but do since that is what I do.  When my Mom comes for a visit she always takes off her shoes but my Dad never does, weird.  When did we become so obsessed with taking off our shoes?  I wear as my friends like to call them “potato shoes” they are really just slip on shoes for easy on and off.  I seldom wear socks, but I don’t feel weird walking bare footed around someone’s house, maybe it is a bit weird.  A couple of things at play here, are you a take your shoe off at the door person, if so why, and is it acceptable to go bare foot around someone else’s house?  I was able to walk around my folks house with shoes on as a kid but couldn’t sit on the nice furniture in the front room and had to use a coaster for my water glass, now the only coaster around my house is the kid who doesn’t pedal down the alley.  

No comments:

Post a Comment