Monday, April 2, 2012

Daily Dose of BS April 2


I made it through the April Fool’s day debauchery again this year.  Not a single joke was played at the Schmidt household, and I didn’t even hear of any good jokes until I got to work this morning and saw that Mitt Romney’s campaign tricked him into thinking that no one showed up to his campaign stump speech in Milwaukee yesterday.   I remember when I was going to school for radio and they had a segment on April fools jokes and they talked about this crazy guy from La Crosse that talked people into putting bags over their phones so that the phone company could blow out the phone lines.  I never got the chance to work with Brucie Bumchuckles but have become friends with him over the years of being in the same business, and his prank on the people of La Crosse and area to this day is funny.  I am always happy when April 1st comes around as it is the end of the joke perpetuated on the tax payers of the city of La Crosse, April 1st means no more alternate side parking, well at least until November 1st.  We had fewer than 10 snowfalls this past season and only 2 or 3 would have been affected by the parking.  I am guessing that the parking money helps to subsidies something, I am not sure what, as my taxes are still through the roof.   I wrote about the alternate side parking at the beginning of the season and wondered just how many parking tickets my 16 year old would get.  I am here to say the he got none, zero, zip, nada, that makes a dad proud.  

No comments:

Post a Comment