Thursday, April 19, 2012

Daily Dose of BS April 19


The upside down triangle posted on some corners, are called yield signs.  I am pretty sure I know what they mean and how they are used, so I did a search on google of what the yield sign means and had a hard time finding the definition of a yield sign.  There is no good definition to what a yield sign means it is no wonder people don’t know what to do when they come to one.  On my way home yesterday I approached a yield sign and did as I was supposed to do I slowed down looked to the left then the right then the left again, I noticed a car approaching to my right so I stopped and waited for them to proceed through the intersection, they stopped and waved me through the sign and then turned to the left.  I don’t get it, this is not the first time that this has happened to me, when I brought it up this morning at work it has happened to others around the office as well.  According to page 15 of the Wisconsin Divers Book a yield sign means “Slow down.  Other cars on the road that you want to cross or enter have the right-of-way.  You must let them go first.  The yield sign is a triangle pointing down” HUH that is not a clear definition.  Ok here it is as I understand it when you get to a yield sign slow down look both ways if there is someone coming stop if not proceed with caution any questions ask, don’t look it up on google it will just confuse you more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment