Monday, April 3, 2017

Daily Dose of BS April 3 environment

My son likes watching the show Gold Rush and I have sat in on it a few times, you do get caught up in the drama on the show, even if it is manufactured by the tv production people.  I bring this show up because I really had no idea that the mining of gold was done by the stripping of the earth.  I guess I just assumed that the gold was panned as it used to be.  The big machines come in and strip away the earth and that earth gets run through a machine that washes away the rocks and the gravel leaving behind gold flecks.  A ton of work and a from what I have seen on the show not a huge payout for the long strenuous hours.  It appears there are strippers of the land in the upper Midwest as well as I heard this morning that there are people armed with chainsaws cutting down birch trees all over Minnesota and Wisconsin.  Apparently, there are many who like the look of birch trees and birch bard inside their homes.  I am not an environmentalist but after seeing shows like Gold Rush and hearing of the clear cut of the birch tree I think I am beginning to know what it feels like to be one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment