Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Daily Dose of BS April 26 sidewalk chalk

A couple of graffiti tickets were handed out in Onalaska after messages like “Love is not racist”, “You are welcome here”, “There is enough room for everyone”, “You are standing on Ho-Chunk land”, “Stand up for Muslims”, and “Black lives matter” were scribbled over the sidewalk with sidewalk chalk along the city’s water front.  The women who did the writing are part of the group La Crosse Area Showing up for Racial Justice group.   What are your thoughts on the sidewalk chalk on city property?  I have always thought that it was weird that parents would allow their kids to write on city owned property.  When my kids were little I allowed sidewalk chalk but it had to be used in our yard on our sidewalks, end in the event that it was drawn on the city sidewalk, and I don’t think that it was I would have cleaned it off.  Is a ticket in this situation warranted, I don’t think so, but I believe that the mom and her daughter should grab a bucket and a scrubber of some sorts and clean up their mess.  

No comments:

Post a Comment