Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Daily Dose of BS April 25 roads

Unless you don’t venture outside your home you have driven on out bumpy roads, you have taken in the valleys and craters that are supposed to be smooth and clean.  Our main roads suck.  I don’t think that I noticed it so much in the past but with all the talk over the past year or so I have started to notice that our roads are horrible.  It bugs me that the when driving home from work I must straddle the line in some spots as to not get my tires stuck in the crevasses that are eroding into our city streets and our state highways.  In our last election, we voted to move forward on the PRAT tax (premier resort area tax) being the first county to do so, hoping to raise enough funds to fix our roads.  Enter Governor Walker and his change of heart now backing the use of general funds, while avoiding new taxes or fees.  I don’t know about you but I would support a gas tax increase of a few cents to help to fix our roads, if you are using the roads, don’t you think you should be helping to support the fixing of them?  

No comments:

Post a Comment