Monday, April 10, 2017

Daily Dose of BS April 10 old school

I am kind of old school.  I don’t have cable tv and I still have a land line.  It isn’t that I never had cable, I just thought that the expense of having it wasn’t worth it especially since there is services such as Hulu and Netflix out there and if you get Amazon Prime you also get streaming with that.  There really isn’t too much that I can’t see within a short time of it being broadcast.  As for the home phone I bought Ooma a couple of years ago and it hooks right into my internet and uses that to make it work.  And really how many people do you know that have home lines anymore?  My Dad got rid of his a few years ago, my Mom and one brother still have a land line but other than a few others that I know the land line is only in their homes because they get a bargain on getting their cable and internet if they have a home line.  In fact less than 40 % of American homes have telephones and one in 5 have dumped cable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment