Monday, August 1, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Aug 1 gas tax

I have an idea, I think a pretty good idea, we hear of people bitchen about the roads all the time and we are also paying historically low gas prices, what if we have a gas tax that is rolled out that kicks in when the price per gallon of gas hits a certain mark.  As I have mentioned on my show in the past that I feel a fair price to pay for gas is $2.50 per gallon, so if that was the agreed upon price then the tax would kick in when the prices fall lower than $2.50 per gallon, that money in turn will pay for our roads and once all the roads are fixed which would be never we could take that tax off the gas.  I know it is a crazy idea, but it would help us to fix our roads without having it be a huge burden.  And those that use the roads the most would be helping to pay the most by paying more fuel tax.  What do you think about this idea? 

No comments:

Post a Comment