Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Aug 24 homework

I have always hated homework, disliked the fact that we had to do work outside of our school day, and as a parent, I really don’t like it because it shows me what I really don’t know.  I had problems helping my kids with math after the 7th grade and now my youngest ones start high school in a week.  With school starting and I am assuming that kids today like homework about as much as I did when I was a kid, it was nice to see a viral post yesterday about a teacher who doesn’t believe in homework.  The note begins “After much research this summer, I am trying something new,” then goes on to say “Homework will only consist of work that your student did not finish during the school day. There will be no formally assigned homework this year.”  I would love to have had this teacher.  What are your thoughts on homework?  Personally, I think that the kids get too much when your kids bring home more than 90 minutes a day, that is too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment