Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Aug 10 words

The word pixelated bugs me so do made up words like amazballs, and redonkadonk, generally I dislike made up words.  There used to be a commercial that said people judge you by the words you use, they really do.  There is no avoiding it, but there is changing it.  A while back I was hanging with some friends and found out that a couple of my friends hate a few words from the English language.  I would have thought that these words were going to be reminiscent of the old George Carlin routine you know the seven words you can't say on TV, but none of the words that they had issue with include a single bad word.  In fact, one that is a marketing tool for Betty Crocker, and this word, the word moist, is one of the least favorite words out there, and the other word these friends of mine had an issue with was the word panties, and they weren’t even brought up together.  I wonder if they were compounded if they would have more of a revolting reaction?  When it comes to words, I don’t care for slang words for any group of people, I am not a fan of labels that people place on people but they are words, and I always remember my mom telling me that sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me.  What words do you dislike?  

No comments:

Post a Comment