Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Feb 23 sidewalks

I grew up in Roseville, a suburb in the Twin Cities and in my neighborhood there were no sidewalks.  Since my formative years I have lived in 3 different states and 4 different communities in every one of these other communities there have been sidewalks, I have complained about my front sidewalk only a few times, usually after a heavy snow fall or when my wife suggests that I do the edging, otherwise I am a fan.  I think that sidewalks are the great neighborhood unifier, hear me out.  When you decide to go for a walk you head out to the sidewalk, there are others around walking, you see your neighbors, you say hi.  Life is grand, why because of a sidewalk.  La Crosse is continuing to invest in the neighborhood concept with the possibility of up to 12 new sidewalks.  Let’s all converge on the cities sidewalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment