Monday, February 1, 2016

Daily Dose of BS Feb 1 trains

When I was a kid I always heard that if you put a penny on a train track that it could derail a train.  I am not going to lie, as a rebellious teenager I tried it.  As soon as we ran away the feeling of guilt overtook the thrill of doing something bad.  The sudden urge to run back toward the oncoming train to rescue the Lincoln from the oncoming train, only to be reminded of the almost certain decapitation of an arm or worse.  Thank goodness that the derailment didn’t happen, in fact a quick google search shows that it has never happened, but as an adventurous boy it could have.  Again, thank God that it didn’t happen.  With more trains moving through the country, there have been more and more derailments there has even been a couple close to home.  Shouldn’t the railroads be required to make the manifest public as soon as a train jumps the tracks, I for one would like to know.  Especially since there are tracks about 100 yards from where I work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment