Thursday, February 18, 2016

Daily Dose of BS feb 18 privacy

I have always been under the assumption that nothing that I text, email, or look at on the internet is private, that someone can always go back and check it out, someone locally or remotely.  I have come to the realization that our information is out there, just hanging in midair being ready to be plucked when they want it, and I am not even sure I know who they are.  In the news lately is that the federal government is asking Apple to unlock a phone that belonged to a terrorist, I always just assumed that the government had the ability to do this.  I wonder if they are asking Apple out of a ruse that they are pulling over our eyes, claiming that they cannot get into someone’s phone.   In a situation like this, I can honestly say that I believe that Apple has an obligation to help the government to unlock this phone, and here is why I think that, first of all the phone is owned by the shooters employer San Bernardino County and they have given permission and secondly I still think that all our information is just hanging out for the picking but most importantly I think that if they could foil some terrorist plot then it is worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment