Friday, June 12, 2015

Daily Dose of BS June 12 tipping

More than one person in my life has called me frugal.  I like to hang on to my money and there is nothing wrong with that.  I do however tip well (at least 20% for a meal, not as much for just beers), I get embarrassed when I go out with someone and I offer to pick up the check and they offer to leave the tip and they don’t tip well, leaving only 10% or so.  I guess if you are getting good service and service with a smile, drinks topped off, and the little glimpse into the life of the person serving you, its has got to be worth something, right.  I have been out with people that pull the tip card out of their wallet to figure out the tip.  How hard is it to figure out a tip?  Move the decimal point over to the left one, if you have a $27.45 bill and you want to leave a 10% tip it is $2.75, a 20% tip is $5.50, the ten percent tip doubled, and for a 15% tip split the difference.  Not rocket science and for those that serve, it’s rent, it’s  a car payment, it’s groceries, etc.  Be a tipper and be a hero to someone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment