Monday, June 1, 2015

Daily Dose of BS June 1 tattoos

If you are on social media you’ve seen the regrettable tattoos that are out there, heck if you have been out in the world any time in the past decade you have most likely seen some regret.  They say that 21% of all adults have a tattoo.   I grew up with a Dad who had tattoos, he has four, two on each bicep, these were tattoos he got when he was a kid.  As a child I always wanted one, and looked into getting one when I turned 18 I didn’t get one, then, fast forward 22 years and I ended up getting my kids initials when I was 40.  When I got it, the tattoo artist said that my skin took the ink well, it made me think that some peoples skin doesn’t take ink well?  Weird.  I didn’t really think about it until I had to write a speech on a social issue and I picked tattoos and allergic reactions, I am shocked on the amount of skin reactions that are out there from allergies to the ink, to infections because of bad needles to burns and more.  Is the risk worth the payoff?  Maybe not but there is some cool body art out there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment