Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Daily Dose of BS Jan 14 kids today

Yesterday I talked about customer service; today I want to touch on the younger generation and work ethic.  I had the chance to BS with a friend yesterday about the different generations and a theory was thrown out saying that today’s parents have screwed up the kids.  I wasn’t sure what was meant but we hashed it out and went on to talk about the fact that today the younger generation feels entitled to the best rather than working for it.  That the generation of kids that are entering the work force were never forced to win or think on their own that kids now a days are part of the quote ribbon generation that by just participating that they feel as though they need to be compensated by either a ribbon or with the carrot that was dangled in front of them to get them motivated.  I have to say I have seen this with each generation that I have been a part of from mine to the next and to the generation that is growing up now.  What are your thoughts on the generation that is being brought up now and is it the parents fault? 

No comments:

Post a Comment