Friday, February 21, 2014

Daily Dose of BS Feb 21 story

We hear what we want to hear. See what we want to see and tell the story the way we thought we heard it. Take for example the weather if the weather forecaster says it will snow between 1 inch south and 10 inches to the north, we hear it is going to snow 10 inches. My tv weather buddy Bill Graul posted that on his facebook the other day and I agree, I even do it. After I hear that there will be up to 10 inches of snow in the area, and someone asks me how much snow are we going to get, I respond with that 10 inch amount, and I don’t know why. Is it because we are a society that likes to embellish? Is it because we like to be shocked? The weather often shocks us, in fact if it snows less than we expect, we are shocked, if it snows more than they say we are shocked, and if it does exactly as they say we are also shocked. Me? I think I just like a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment