Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Daily Dose of BS Feb 11 caffeine

About 75% of all US citizens use caffeine. This is nearly 3 out of 4 reaching for the either pop, tea or my favorite caffeine jolt - coffee. I used to be a huge pop drinker in fact when I first started out in radio I was a 12 pack a night person, of sugary caffeine filled bubbles (blah), this was when I used to work overnights after going to school all day and working another job in the afternoon, I did this for about a year, it is funny how sleep used to be a secondary thought, now I love a good nap. When I was a kid we didn’t have pop around the house except for a special occasion and that was on Mom’s bridge club day and a holiday when the relatives would come over and they would bring it. Funny if you fast forward 30 years that it is more common to see someone drinking a pop than not - not only at a restaurant but for lunch more than about anything else. Back to 75% of the population drinking caffeine, soda is the most common source of caffeine, followed by tea then coffee. Funny how now caffeine is even in foods and other drinks as well. We are seeing it in some jelly beans, marshmallows and some gums too, it is no wonder we have a society of jittery jumpy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment