Friday, May 3, 2013

Daily Dose of BS May 3 garage sales


We are coming up on the big garage sale season, well if we ever reach a nice weekend we will.  When I was a kid my parents were frugal, and did lots of our family clothing shopping at rummage sales.  This wasn’t so bad as we always had clothing that fit.  I remember one time that my folks brought home some corduroy pants that looked brand new, now being a bigger guy and I was as a kid too you had to worry about the legs rubbing together especially when rocking the corduroy well, these pants didn’t make the swish noise when walking, nor did they have any rips and they felt like a million bucks that is a huge feat considering that these were garage sale pants.  I wore them to school on Monday, funny I was proud to wear corduroy, it was the 80’s after all.  Well long story short someone came up to me and said those are the ugliest pants I have ever seen my Mom just sold some like that at our garage sale, needless to say that was the last time I wore my really cool great fitting no noise cords.  Do you rummage?

No comments:

Post a Comment