Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Daily Dose of BS May 14 manners


I remember when I was a kid my mom and dad always told me to say please and thank you.  My kids are 17, 14, and twins who are 11, I tried to teach them the same thing.  I think I may have got through to them as I will once in a while hear from someone on how polite one or the other are.  As a parent this is a feel good moment.  I think working in radio I have the chance to see the best and the worst, take for example the Wisconsin Dells season opener cards a couple of our radio stations are giving them away and they cause quite the stir, people will line up for hours before hand with the hopes of getting passes to the Dells.  I did a broadcast, and a giveaway last Saturday, and there were over 400 people lined up for the 300 free tickets.  I would say only about half the people who got a free Dells pass said thank you.  Now wouldn’t you think that if someone gave you a free no strings attached coupon book that you would say thank you?  Please remember your manners.  

No comments:

Post a Comment