Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Daily Dose of BS May 22 oktoberfest


Big changes for Oktoberfest next year.  The fest is going from a 9 day celebration to a 4 day party.  I am not sure how I feel about this, I moved here in 1992 and have enjoyed fest for the past 21 years from the opening day parade all the way through to the end, multiple parades, lots of brats and you can’t forget the beer.  I moved here right after the beer throwing ended, for that I am glad, but the traditions of fest are changing.  I guess that things need to change or face doom, and I hope that this is going to be a step in the right direction.  I have been a part of enough organizations to know that there will be people bitching about these changes and bitching loud, but what I have found that most of the people who complain the most are not really even a part of the organization, because if they were they would have stepped up at a planning meeting and said something.  I for one and not sure of the changes but I also don’t have enough time to devote to keep things the same.  I am looking forward to the change and wish the Oktoberfest USA folks nothing but the best.  Because after all you can’t end September in La Crosse without Oktoberfest.

No comments:

Post a Comment