Thursday, November 8, 2012

Daily Dose of BS Nov 8 - Street Painting


Highway 35 opened a few weeks ago and the crew that put it together did a fantastic job, it looks nicer than I expected it to look, from the landscaping to the streetscaping to the cobblestone crossings the highway project looks great.  The one thing I do not get on the project is the painting of the arrows, I understand when there are arrows that point to a destination like a street or perhaps a driveway but arrows that point to nothing that has to do with driving then why put them on the road?  If you look at the road painting north of Traditions Restaurant there are arrows pointing both East and West, if you go West you will run into driveways, which I can understand having the arrows there, if you go North of the Bed and Breakfast on Highway 35 there are no more driveways and the arrows point off to the river, but to get there you have to go down quite an embankment and over the rail road tracks.  I guess I just don’t understand.  I also would think that the street painters would have thought of that.  Speaking of street painters remember about 5 or 6 years ago on Monitor Street behind Menards it looked like an etchasketch drew those street lines.  While I’m bitching about the roads, when did it become ok to put speed bumps on a city street?  There are speed bumps now in Onalaska and on the South Side of La Crosse in front of the Dairyland Power building.  Just so you know you can get air.   

No comments:

Post a Comment